Tuesday, February 27, 2024

A Squishy IP Reprise

Well, I somehow ended up with two Squishes in my office. One is a Squishmallow, and the other is a Squishable.

I cleared some space on a chair for them
Also, when I said "somehow", I should clarify that I intentionally purchased the pickle Squishmallow for my office, because clearly no office is complete without a pickle plush.

I think the best part is that the Squishable is actually the ~Mysterious Doctor Plague~ who had a featured trademark appearance in my previous entry. I received him as a gift for Valentine's Day, my husband completely unaware that my blog had focused on that particular bit of IP. (If you're wondering why I got a plague doctor Squishable for Valentine's Day, it's because St. Valentine is the patron saint of plagues, along with beekeeping and epilepsy. So he gave me a plague doctor, a bag of Bit o' Honey, and conceded that he couldn't figure anything out for epilepsy.) 

Squishily mysterious!
I was not incorrect about some of my suppositions when it came to differentiating the two. The Squishmallow is not as articulated, and has a more velvety texture than a fake fur, like the Doctor Plague. Otherwise, the best indicator might just be knowing your brands and checking those marks!

Anyway, enjoy these close-up views of trademarks and their registration symbols, all from residents of my office.





No comments:

Post a Comment