Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Unexpected Patents: Chopsticks

Hey. Did you know there are a lot of patents for chopsticks? Not design patents, utility patents. I didn't, until today, when I decided to look for them on a whim. 

Writing implements and chopsticks combo. This seems like a terrible idea. Get ink in your food and food on your work...

US 7,637,681
Self elevating chopsticks? Perfect! Never again worry about how you set them down.
US 10,058,202
This multi-functional chopsticks for children is the kind of invention that likely never made it beyond a prototype and the patent. Truly, who would need so much tech packed into a child's utensil? Have you seen children eat? They're slobs.
US 9,547,999
Portable, foldable, and with their own case? Neato! I always hated it when the paper wrapping on the set of chopsticks I kept in my purse got torn up.
US 10,888,186
I think we all have carpal tunnels, so ergonomic chopsticks are nice.  
US 11,213,149
These are like the sports car version of chopsticks: made for performance. 

US 10,258,178
Would I be able to extend them enough to steal food from someone else's plate? 
US 7,258,375
Look, this chopstick attachment invention isn't the best of the patents, but it included a lot of patent-specific vocabulary, and it was worth putting on the list just so people could see "proximal" and "distal" in action.
US 9,259,111
If you can use both, JUST PICK ONE!
US 5,056,173
I keep telling people patent searching can be fun! Now will they believe me?

No comments:

Post a Comment